Monday, July 27, 2015

Hello, my friend

Hello my friend                    
       
I miss you
I miss your smile
Your loving advice
Your kindness most of all



I remember with fondness
The days of our youth
Choir and music
Filling our lives
Councils for music
Trips and singing too
How we revelled in those short years
Entertaining, and seemingly long


Time marched on
But we kept in touch
You came to my wedding
And to the hospital
When my daughter was born
Friends forever we declared.
And we went separate ways
Only getting in touch
Over time and space
Through the magic of the computer
We were reunited
Friends as if time
Hadn’t passed

But those days are long ago
And now in a blink of an eye
They’re gone
Memories of time passed
But one thing still remains
The bond never broken
Or friendship lives on
Not even death can break
A friendship so strong
You still are
And always will be
My friend
Forever on my mind
And in my heart
Happy birthday Rose

©Sheilagh Lee  July 27, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment