Friday, June 8, 2012

For My Best Friend Rose

If it rained in heaven you'd feel my tears
I wish you hadn't gone so soon, I fear
We are supposed to be the same age
Yet you won't turn the page
And have your birthday again
And I don't know when
I'll see you again.

I heard from you on my birthday last week
And thought I take a peek
On what you were doing today
To find you were gone away
Stolen by some unknown thing
Oh the pain, that did bring.


I thought we'd get together
We were birds of a feather 
I'd visit you someday
And we laugh and say
That though time had passed
We were still friends together at last

I remember times together singing 
All the time the joy it was bringing
Of laughter shared and friends we made
In the blink of the eye
We had strong ties
Because of you dear Rose

You were kind and sweet
Inclusiveness was your feat
You made everyone feel content
To be themselves, you were heaven sent
Not loaned to us long enough
We wanted more of that same stuff

Your leaving us leaves a hole a crater wide
All my insides feel tumbled up inside
My heart feels betrayed by forces unknown
My eyes leak with tears underflow
As I try hard not to cry
And just remember and sigh
And hear your gentle voice one last time

"Be strong my friends and mourn me not
Remember my gentle heart and the peace I sought"

I'm trying it's a battle to not feel robbed
When such an angel leaves you sob
And mourn the loss of time and words
Not said, one's not heard

So thank you my friend for being there
Through thick and thin, for being so fair
For being a loving friend
No one could forget
Thank you Rose 
Always my beloved Friend.✿♡✿
Forever more



RIP Rose July 27,1959 - May 30,2012

©Sheilagh Lee June 6, 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment