Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas is Calling

Christmas calls me ever near
I listen closely it is so dear
The smiles I see upon sweet faces
The tapping of the feet in places
As the music swells within their hearts
And compassion and generosity starts
To overcome those who listen to its call
And as family draws near to celebrate
Remembering Christmas’ past and contemplate
The memories they are making this year
That is what draws in my joy now here
To enjoy the season and the Christmas Day
With loved seldom seen now at play
Just enjoying their company
And how lucky I am to be
Celebrating Christmas.

© Sheilagh Lee December 10,2011

4 comments:

  1. as music swells within their hearts - I like that. The font is so pretty, too. Merry Christmas (almost) to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Sheila and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas in advance Sheilagh :)
    Lovely composition !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Jyoti the same to you if you celebrate.

    ReplyDelete